Thank you for your interest in the guidelines for submission to Reycraft Books.
Our imprint is primarily focused on developing books by authors and illustrators from underrepresented communities. We are actively seeking #OwnVoices contributors. We have an open submissions policy and are interested in looking at the following materials for children ages 5–12:
- Picture Books and Early Readers: Cover letter + the full text (NO art unless you are a professional artist)
- Chapter Books: Cover letter + the full text
(Please note, we are NOT accepting YA submissions at this time.)
- Illustrations: Cover letter + three sample illustrations and/or links to online portfolios
Please use the buttons below to submit your manuscript and artwork.
You can also send your manuscript via snail mail to:
- Include a brief cover letter containing:
- Contact information (with phone number and e-mail address)
- Manuscript genre
- Target age of reader (e.g., 8–12 years old)
- The underrepresented group to which you most closely identify
- If you have a website, please include that as well.
- Submit manuscripts as WORD documents (preferred) or PDFs. File sizes cannot be larger than 4MB.
- Submit illustrations as PDFs, TIFFs, EPS, or AI. File sizes cannot be larger than 50MB.
145 Huguenot Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Attn: Reycraft Books
- Please do NOT include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Do NOT send original art or irreplaceable materials.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CERTIFIED OR REGISTERED MAIL.
- All submissions not accepted will be recycled.
Due to the great number of submissions we receive, we cannot respond to individual submissions unless we have further interest. After four months, you may assume that we are not interested in publishing your work. You may send your work to other publishers at the same time. We do not require exclusive submissions.