A career at Benchmark Education Company
Are you interested in helping children of all abilities learn to read? Do you want a career that promises the satisfaction of inspiring teachers and administrators in their mission to provide instruction that gets results? If you want to join a creative, energetic, fast-paced company with a proven track record and promise of continued growth, then consider a career with Benchmark Education Company.
Join a winning team and promote literacy worldwide
Benchmark Education Company, headquartered in New Rochelle, NY, produces research-based, proven-effective literacy materials for supplementary and intervention use with K-12 students, including gifted, on-level, and struggling readers; students with learning disabilities; and those still mastering English as a second language. Standards-aligned products and services, supported by professional development training, are designed to supplement core reading programs and help teachers take each learner on a different road toward academic success. BEC materials are used in over 15,000 schools and districts across the United States and abroad.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Benchmark Education is a growing educational publishing company that produces award-winning core and supplemental texts and teaching materials -- print and technology-based -- to help children of all ages and abilities achieve literacy for life. We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to help ensure a positive customer experience with our educational products by processing customer orders and providing Tier 1 level customer technology support. Our company is high-energy, fast-paced, productive, and team-oriented, with a lot of opportunity for learning and career growth.
In this position, you will process both print and technology orders and provide basic usage/instructional support and information to the end-user of our technology products. You will interact directly with customers, sales reps, warehouse personnel and other internal departments and/or outside vendors to quickly resolve customer issues. As a Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for fulfilling high volumes of customer requests and inquiries via email and phone.
- Evaluate and process customer orders
- Log in and out of an Automated Call Distribution system.
- Solving a diverse range of customer issues involving customer’s use of company’s technology-based products (Tier 1 support)
- Audit orders processed by other Customer Service representatives
- Communicate directly with customers via email and phone
- Develop full understanding of new and existing BEC product lines
- Create, document, and research records in a CRM system
- Document any new technology issues discovered to contribute to team knowledge
- Enjoy learning about new technology and new software applications
- Develop working knowledge and familiarity with Sales Support site, all BEC websites, and particularly Benchmark Universe, our subscription site.
- One to three years in customer service
- Minimum education: Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must work on-site, full-time in our West Nyack, NY office
- Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
- Department: Customer Service
- Knowledge of Web browsers for Windows and Mac computers
- Strong time-management skills
- Detail-oriented with highly accurate data entry skills. Excellent analytical skills, expertise in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; polite and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to work in an energetic, fast paced, and sometimes stressful environment, and have ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Benchmark Education Company offers competitive compensation; a casual, collegial work environment; and a comprehensive benefit program (including medical, dental and vision care benefits, FSAs, life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and profit sharing).
Benchmark Education is a growing educational publishing company that produces award-winning supplemental texts and teaching materials -- print and technology-based -- to help children of all ages and abilities achieve literacy for life. We are looking for a Manager of Customer Support for Technology Products to lead our tech products support team.
You will act as liaison to our internal development and operations teams and external technology partners to help ensure a positive customer experience with our educational technology products. In this position, you will be responsible for managing a customer service team that provides support and information to the end-user of our technology products. You’ll interact directly with customers, sales reps, and internal departments and/or outside vendors to quickly resolve customer issues. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Identify technical problems and escalate them to the development team for resolution and follow up with customers
- Work directly with school district administrative and technical personnel to ensure successful technology implementations
- Develop information and resources to help customer service representatives successfully address the most common technology product questions
- Collect and field customer requests relative to technology product modifications, improvements, and enhancements for future development evaluation
- Collaborate with professional development, marketing and sales to manage customer technology transitions when there is a product upgrade, new release, or user interface change
- Host webinars and/or conference calls with customers for demonstration purposes
- Support sales efforts by managing the creation and maintenance of populated demonstration sites
- Work with internal training and development teams to assist in the creation of user guides and other training materials
- Create and distribute metric reports that summarize department activity, productivity and efficiency
- Monitor, document and share customer trends that potentially warrant further analysis and action by the Company
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives to grow our customer base
- Interview, hire, and train new employees
- Minimum three years of technical customer support experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence technical partners
- Experience managing and mentoring customer support teams
- Knowledge of computer systems and software and technology applications.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience
Benchmark Education Company offers competitive compensation; a casual, collegial work environment; and a comprehensive benefit program (including medical, dental and vision care benefits, FSAs, short and long-term disability, life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and profit sharing).
Benchmark Education, a growing educational publishing and technology company, is looking for a Data Analyst in its New Rochelle office. The successful candidate will analyze Benchmark Education’s complex inventory model of educational materials and provide the data necessary to anticipate inventory needs and enable a timely and accurate response to customer orders.
- Provide data analysis to drive inventory needs by running models
- Establish and monitor data metrics to facilitate accurate ordering including projecting sales based on input from historical sales data and the sales team
- Make purchasing decisions
- Work with off-shore suppliers to arrange overseas shipments
- Produce accurate and timely Excel reports that create data insights and assist in resolution of problems.
- MBA or Masters in statistics or math
- Strong analytical abilities
- Access proficiency
- Advanced Excel skills; confident navigating filtering/sorting, text to columns, data validation, and pivot tables; demonstrated ability creating formulas such as if, vlookup, sumif, countif, iserror, index, match.
- A strong aptitude for math and data
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to detail and accuracy
Benchmark Education Company offers competitive compensation; a casual, collegial work environment; and comprehensive benefits for regular, full-time employees.
Sponsorship offered to the right candidate.
Benchmark is seeking a detail oriented Administrative Assistant to assist our busy sales and training teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be comfortable responding to multiple demands and managing a number of work streams. Good prioritization skills are essential to success in this role.
- Provide administrative support to a team of sales and training managers; assist with travel arrangements, expense management, sample order placement, and other manager requests
- Enter data into the Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) as requested by sales managers; monitor data for accuracy and integrity
- Prepare sales presentation materials
- Create and update spreadsheets
- Build customized product bundles
- Maintain calendars
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of office administration experience
- Detail oriented and proactive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word suite, including Excel; proficiency in other software applications preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Resource Management Systems preferred
To apply for any of these positions, e-mail your resume and cover letter (including salary history and target) to email@example.com or mail them to Human Resources, Benchmark Education Company, 145 Huguenot Street, New Rochelle, NY 10801.
Benchmark Education is a growing educational publishing company that produces award-winning supplemental books and teaching materials -- print and technology-based -- to help children of all ages and abilities achieve literacy for life.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative Product Manager to drive and develop our core and supplemental products.
- Responsible for planning, developing and promoting the core and supplemental print products
- Help define product strategy for core and supplemental product offerings
- Work with customers, sales, marketing and professional services to gain an understanding of customer needs, position offerings, and to help identify new revenue opportunities
- Support professional services and sales through training, strategic advice, and timely information
- Drive, develop and maintain product sales story and disseminate message to field personnel
- Work with digital team to ensure that the digital product features/functions meet customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, or Marketing
- 3-5 years Product Management experience
- Knowledge of Educational/Literacy market within Publishing
- K-8 experience a plus
- Excellent communicator
- Create digital presentation
- Understanding/experience with digital products
- An educator’s perspective will be highly valued in this position
Benchmark Education is a leading-edge educational publishing company that produces award-winning teaching materials -- print and technology-based -- to help children of all ages and abilities achieve literacy for life. We are looking for a Junior Linux Systems Engineer (NOT WINDOWS) to join our growing technology team. Preferably seeking a candidate who does not advertise their Microsoft credentials and the primary role will be tool-making and script-development. Ideal candidate will be eager to learn.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Graduate at minimum, BA/BS preferred
- Knowledge of, or proficiency in PHP, Ruby, Perl, LUA and/or C (not only C++ or C#)
- Proficiency with Bash, CSH, or other Shell scripting languages
- Proficiency with at least 1 AND experience with at least 2 of:
- (Debian or GNU Linux, Gentoo, CentOS, RHEL, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Embedded Systems)
Basic knowledge of the following is a plus:
- System Hardware and Kernel Tuning
- Experience with Openstock or OpenNebula, including Xen or KVM
- Experience with AWS and EC2 automation, including Puppet or Chef
- Experience with OpenSwitch or Virt10
Benchmark Education Company offers competitive compensation; a casual, collegial work environment; and a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental and vision care benefits, a 401(k) plan and profit sharing, FSA, life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, and on-site exercise class.
Benchmark Education Company values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benchmark Education, a growing educational publishing company, is looking for an experienced Sales Support Manager to join its Sales team and provide strategic support to our network of independent sales reps. We provide exceptional supplemental educational resources to the K-12 school market – fiction and nonfiction, standards-aligned leveled texts, skill-building sets, and teacher tools that get results in the classroom. Our company is entrepreneurial, high-energy, productive and team-oriented, with lots of opportunity for career growth.
The successful candidate will coordinate and execute the development and delivery of sales proposals and mailings, product and sample requests, sales presentations, conference and trade shows, and new product and sales training materials. You’ll have an opportunity to create custom sales presentations and develop new, improved product and sales training materials. You’ll fulfill customized product and sample requests and serve as intermediate between sales representatives and customer service and provide support for various conferences and exhibits.You’ll also help ensure that our sales support website is always up-to-date.
Experience and skills needed:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of sales/marketing experience; experience in education or technology a plus
- Prior experience participating and/or supporting the planning and/or implantation of strategic sales campaigns
- Ability to multi-task, with superior organization and detail orientation
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Professional orientation and demeanor, with the ability to handle and respond to external requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with flexibility to put in long hours when needed
We offer competitive compensation; a casual, collegial work environment; medical, dental and vision care benefits; a 401(k) plan and profit sharing.
Be sure to include your salary history and target in your letter.
Benchmark Education, a creative, growing educational publishing and technology company, located in Westchester County, is looking for a Programmer to join its information technology department. We provide award-winning books and teaching materials -- print and technology-based -- to help children of all ages and abilities achieve literacy for life. The ideal candidate will have strong process analysis and problem solving skills; the ability to be a team player and self-starter; the ability to communicate effectively with management, users and team members at all levels through both verbal and written means.
- Assist in the creation and execution of project plans and procedures for ERP system implementations
- Perform data conversion mappings and develop migration programs using relational database programming languages
- Create and execute procedures for ERP system software and hardware upgrades and applying service packs and other fixes
- Provides instruction, assistance and support to ERP system end-users by developing training materials and conducting classes
- Create and support tool the extend ERP functionality and support the fulfillment cycle
- Must have five or more years of experience programming (ERP or Ecommerce environments preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (plus five years hands-on, relevant, technical, programming work experience)
- Expertise programming in SQL, Java, PHP, HTML/CSS, XML
- Expertise Extracting and processing data for off-system ad-hoc reporting and data exchange
- Expertise putting together requirements and working through the full development life cycle with developers to build the requirements
- Working knowledge of the following business functional areas: Financial and Management Accounting, Human Resources, Order Processing, Inventory Management, Manufacturing and Purchasing
- Experience Coordinating Legacy ERP systems with Ecommerce Systems, CRM, etc.
EDI experience is a plus
- MS Office/VBA, Magento, Java, PHP , SQL, Win Mobile, XML, CRM, ODBC/JDBC
- Work with the Executive Editor and Senior Project Editor to project manage the development phase of new product development.
- Coordinate with vendors and freelance writers developing content to ensure that content guidelines are observed
- Attend regularly scheduled status meetings with Executive Editor or Senior Project Editor to report on workflow and content issues
- Review and approve manuscript and production stages, working directly with copyeditors, graphic designers, and photo researchers
- Incorporate feedback (based on defined review stages) from Professional Development, Sales and Marketing, Editorial management, and outside reviewers and consultants
- Create or update Product Library documentation
- Communicate with Sales and Marketing to support the development of sales support tools
- Complete Product Data Management entry based on defined workflow milestones
- Work with the Correlations Manager to create and/or review state or competition correlations to ensure that they accurately address standards and topics.
- Support Sales and Marketing by reviewing pullouts, space ads, pre-pub flyers, and other sales support tools for accuracy and completeness
- Read professional journals to increase market and pedagogical knowledge
- Attend department and weekly product status meetings
- Complete time tracking documentation on a weekly basis
- At least five years of experience developing literacy materials for an educational publisher
- B.A. in English, education, or a related field (M.A. a real plus)
- Superior writing, editing and project management skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of language, literacy and content issues
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency, MS Office
- Basic proficiency, Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Comfortable juggling several projects concurrently
- Able to work collaboratively with other departments (e.g., design and marketing)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Teaching experience is a plus